Monday, December 31, 2007

Urgent Prayer Request

For those of you who don't know Elaine and Jamie, they are two girls from Pakistan who are starving for the truth and love what they have seen from Truth Youth. Currently they are in Pakistan for Christmas and are planning on returning to Canada on the January fifteenth. If you guys follow the news you will probably have heard the Pakistan's former prime minister was assassinated last week by Al qaeda,Pakistan is in a state of civil unrest, and has been labeled the most dangerous place on earth. In the city that the girls are staying in (Karachi), the Pakistani army has been ordered to shoot all rioters on sight. Also elections are scheduled for next week and promise nothing but increased violence for the near future.
I am staying in contact with Elaine via e-mail, and she tells me that they cannot leave their house because of the violence but they are safe. Please pray for their safety, safe return, and ,in the event that anything unfortunate should happen, that it will be to the glory of God.
Thank You

7 comments:

Melis said...

Hey Guys, I am from Prince George,Nathan Arlts church. I just read this blog and I too will also be in prayers for these girls.

Jessica deLeeuw said...

Thanks for letting us know, I will pray!!

YPMARK....Peter? said...

Please let them know that our prayers are with them!

Mrs. Wizzle said...

You got it Matt!

Marks Starlet said...

And here we are and dont even think about leaving our homes....
I'll definitely be praying Matt!

EstherH said...

I'll be praying!

V said...

I'm praying Matt...