Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Will to Live

Last night, one of the most mediocre prayer meetings I've been to in a while turned into one of the most powerful prayers. It happened after most people had left. Isn't that the way it often works? It's hard to explain what transpired in the last hour of prayer. I feel like we've been in a spiritual struggle as of late, and last night it was almost as though I could sense the choke hold that has been tightening in an effort to squeeze the life/hope/faith out of my generation of believers. About that time, I began to sense something else stirring among the ten of us present. It was the will to live. With the strength and consciousness that we had, we "fought the good fight" and "laid hold on eternal life" (1 Tim 6:12). We are still alive and we are not backing down. We shall live, and not die!

Psalm 118:13-17 NKJV
You pushed me violently, that I might fall, But the LORD helped me.
The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.
The voice of rejoicing and salvation Is in the tents of the righteous; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly. The right hand of the LORD is exalted; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly.
I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of the LORD.

7 comments:

VRL said...

i sit at my computer crying uncontrollably.

that's it. that's absolutely it. wow, thanks for sharing this Mark.



I shall live and not die.

Karen said...

wow, yes and amen. that's exactly it, Mark. it was so sweet. so edifying, empowering, unifying.

i am not a trophy, and i shall live.

Pauly-Bee-PO-Pal said...

amen to that!
God's just "wow"!

Shad said...

thank you YP mark.

EstherH said...

So true. Thanks for the confirmation of what I was feeling.

Matt D said...

Yay I had been saying the same thing just after that prayer!

Jason said...

Phenomenal!
Now carry it over to tonights discussion...what brought God's Spirit in? think about it!!! YES YES YEEEEEEES